Updated: Jan 14
Closing Date: 2 Feb 2020(refer Contest Link) Reward: Upto 50 Lakh INR Startup support
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Government of India controlled Maharatna oil and gas company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra . The company operates two large domestic refineries located in Kochi and Mumbai. The company is India's second largest downstream oil company and ranked 275th on the Fortune list of the world's largest companies in 2019.
The start-up program of BPCL "Project Ankur" aims to develop a support ecosystem that promotes entrepreneurship in the country by supporting innovative ideas and concepts that have the potential to develop into start-ups and thus have a multiplier effect on the startup ecosystem in India. Since the creation of the Ankur project in 2016, BPCL has supported 25 startups so far through grants and other supports such as mentoring, collaboration, etc.
Thanks to the BPCL Startup Grand Slam 2020, they invite entrepreneurs from Indian innovative start-ups to examine some of BPCL's business challenges and to try to implement innovative solutions for these challenges. With great financial incentives and the support of BPCL, this Grand Challenge is a great opportunity for your startup to do things big!
Energy Optimisation at Refinery- Kochi Refinery-Automated Real-time total energy analytics of a crude oil refinery to maximize energy recovery and minimize energy consumption
Refinery Unit Performance Optimisation- Mumbai Refinery-Real time optimisation of performance of downstream units in the refinery based on crude being processed
Enhancing Customer Experience at Fuel Stations-Vehicle / Customer recognition, payment settlement and queue monitoring system for Fuel stations designed for faster checkouts, seamless and secure payments, personalisation of offers and optimum utilisation of fuel station bays
Realtime Customer Feedback - A transparent, reliable, quick and convenient mechanism or tool to measure customer satisfaction / feedback regarding his fuelling experience at BPCL fuel stations
IOT for LPG - Design a smart, safe and affordable system/fittings for domestic LPG cylinder to enable “pay as you use” model for LPG consumed
Transforming LPG commercial business - Remodel existing commercial LPG marketing and distribution business using new age technologies
Themes for Challenges
Oil & Gas
Who can Apply?
All startups recognized with DPIIT at the time of submission of the entry are eligible to apply
Entries received only through Startup India portal in response to the BPCL Startup Grand Slam 2019 shall be valid. Entries sent through email/ post shall not be considered for evaluation
Apart from proposing the solution, the participating startups is required to carry out and demonstrate the PoC (Proof of Concept) of that solution for BPCL
Also Check: Tata crucible Business Quiz 2020
Phase I (Receipt of applications and shortlisting):
1) Eligible startups to apply for the BPCL Startup Grand Slam 2020 on Startup India portal with detailed description of their proposed solution including the following
a. Approach to the challenge
b. Proposed solution (To-be process)
c. Benefits of the proposed solution (incl. tangible aspects such as cost savings, savings, increased revenue, scalability etc.)
d. Requirements for the implementation of the solution (Hardware/software/process/training etc.)
e. Timelines for PoC/ Implementation
f. Commercials (Budgetary estimates) for PoC
2) Supporting Documents (As attachments):
o Company Background- Compulsory
o Any other document (Excel/PDF/PPT) in support of the solution- If any
3) The entries received on Startup India Portal shall be evaluated on the basis of understanding of the problem, originality of the solution, innovativeness of the proposed solution, feasibility and viability etc.
3) Few entries shall be shortlisted for each problem statement for the Phase II
Phase II (Pitching by shortlisted startups and selection of winners)–
1) All selected Teams from Phase I will be required to engage in a presentation at a prominent venue in Mumbai, India, to showcase their developed products / business models and make a presentation to a Jury.
2) BPCL shall bear and/or reimburse the selected Startup (maximum 2 members per Startup) from Phase I for the cost of boarding, lodging and transportation to and from the Phase II venue in Mumbai, India.
3) Each start-up will present its solution to the problem statement in front of a live audience. Shortlisted Startups shall receive a separate communication with details of phase II.
4) Based on the merit of the solution and capability of the startup as assessed by the Grand Jury, the Grand Jury will select the winners, who will be awarded and recognized at a grand Awards Ceremony.
1) One winner for each problem statement shall be awarded a fiscal incentive of Rs. 50 Lacs which includes towards carrying out/demonstrating a POC of the proposed solution.
2) BPCL can also explore additional funding for the PoC / proposed Solution for any of the finalist/winning startups if the proposed solution, in the opinion of BPCL’s Startup Steering Committee, deserves additional funding
The winning/ Finalist startups shall be given an opportunity for implementation of proposed solution/ procurement by BPCL for PoC (Proof of Concept/Pilot implementation)
............INNOVATE TO WIN............
For more details and application visit the link below:
Category of contest: Startup
Disclaimer: As our blog was started to support students and innovators to know all latest contest, we furnish the details in our blog post which are taken from the contest link which was given at the time of contest launch, if any changes made in contest such as reward or date of closing projectcontest.com is not responsible for the changes.