TATA INNOVERSE- Tracking of underground ductile iron pipelines
Updated: Nov 25, 2018
Closing Date: 9-Jan-2019 Reward: 5,00,000 INR
Tata innoverse was started by Tata industries, to provide open innovation platform to solve challenges for various problems. By this initiative the industry is targeting to solve many real world problems by reaching out to skilled solvers internationally and also to provide them a best platform to demonstrate their ideas, skills and creativity to develop unique and best solutions to solve real world industry challenges. The best problem solvers get rewarded, and also they become trusted technology partner with Tata industries.
A Tata industry requires problem solvers for solving tracking of underground ductile iron pipelines
Key points of Problem Statement:
1. Ductile iron pipes are widely used to carry various types of fluids. One of their main uses is to transport drinking water to households.
2. Typical (drinking) water flow is 2 to 3 m / s. The quality of the pipes is of paramount importance because any defect of these can cause the contamination of the water. Ductile iron pipes are also used to transport wastewater and their damage can contaminate the soil.
3. Pipelines require maintenance as needed. They must also be replaced when the end of their useful life is approaching and / or whenever it is necessary to increase the fluid transport capacity. Water supply systems are designed for a 30-year life.
4. However, DI pipes generally have a much longer life. Most of the time, the details of these pipes, in terms of installation designs, date of installation and their specifications, are not available because they are underground.
5. In addition, there is currently no way to retrieve this information from the site. In the absence of the required information, searches are conducted at several locations to search for the (correct) pipes, as other utilities are buried near the pipe network.
6. Sometimes information about changes to each section of the pipeline is not available, resulting in many delays in projects. The result is loss of water transport, loss of income, waste of labor and a potential increase in the risk of pollution of larger varieties.
7. In addition, due to rapid urbanization, many development activities are being carried out, such as widening roads, laying telecommunication cables, and so on. Thus, digging can damage the water pipes when such activities are carried out. A solution is therefore sought to mitigate all the before mentioned problems.
For more details visit the contest link blow:
Contest link: www.tatainnoverse.com
Category of contest: Hardware contest, Industry contest
#tatainnoverse, #ProjectAward, #Projectcontest,#Studentcontest, #projectcontest,#youthaward, #projectcompetion, #productdevelopment, #recentcontest, #engineeringcontest, #startupcontest, #enterprenershipcontest